Stepping Stones

August 2004

Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Jimmy

I have had an album in my car for the past month. 6 tracks, playing over and over and over, fitting every mood I have been in, being some of the best traveling music I have ever listened too.

Band of Gypsys, the live version of course. (plus I think that is the only version)

There has just been something about that album that fascinates me. It is just some great music. Except for one part. Just one complaint. near the end of the first track, Changes, the singer not sure if it is Jimmy or Billy Cox, goes into this funk, scat thing... little wierd.. at first you are into it...then you start to think well maybe he just forget his harmonica tonight and he is improvising. Then he turns into a shrieking parrot that is taking body blows in a prize fight. Thats when it goes a little over the top.
But other than those couple of minutes ... everything else is pure gold.


"Look man, Your can listen to Jimi but you can't hear him. There's a difference man. Just because your listening to him doesn't mean you're hearing him."

|




<< Home
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com