What an awesome Derby weekend. I can't sum up the fun, the family, the drinking, the new experiences, the traditions or the sheer amount of damage we can do to our livers. I loved it.
Didn't really win any money, pretty much broke even. Had no idea Barbaro could fuckin turn it on like that.
The weekend actually went a lot different than I had thought. Since I tend to plan everything out in my head, it completly surprised me when it went another way. A good way, a fun way, a memorable way.
Couple of key moments
- Holding court - spending time with mom making sure to meet all her friends, drink all her friends liquor, and hold court in the kitchen, plus Valerie was there too
- The race - what a race to watch, lots of fun
- Popping Champagne at 9am, crawling onto the sofa at 5 am - 19hrs of drinking and eating
- Meeting Jai from the Queer Eye show.. and then piling into a car to head off - he had to hoof it by himself, no more room ... hahaha
- And of course the awesomeness of Jessica and Nathaniel, my cousins who always hang in for all 19 hrs, and drive my drunk ass around ... not to mention the hot girls we always end up meeting.