Stepping Stones

August 2004

Monday, April 17, 2006

 

SUGAR!!!

A cadbury egg shoved in a peep, shoved in a hollow chocolate bunny = The Easter Turducken.

That is about how I feel after this easter. Stuffed, sugarfied and coming down ... It was a nice, pleasant holiday. Actually had a family dinner now that my sister lives close enough. And I even got to meet the boyfriend. Nice guy all in all. I did go out the Friday before. Drank too much, ate too much, and then topped it off with a holiday weekend, and a mother that decided to cook and fill the house with food, chocolate and multiple cakes. I didn't stand a chance. So I might get on the scales at the end of week. I was just a little to timid to see the weekend damage this morning. Ahhh ... the week has begun.

I must say today sucked for many reasons, one of which, of course... its Monday. The other, I found a book. I wasn't expecting too. But there it was a new book, a new fantasy story. I haven't read a fantasy novel in a long time. Been a little burned out since Jordan's 11th, while waitng for the 12th. Actually haven't found a good book in a long time.
I tried to get into the Dark tower series, but it took me so long to get through the first one, I can't seem to want to start the second. So I bought a new book. A Historical fiction, with an element of fantasy. I blew through the first hundred pages, and was pissed that I had to put it down to sleep, and madder that I couldn't sit at home all day and finish it.
So I know what I will be doing for the next few evenings as I power through ...
His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novic


|




<< Home
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com