Stepping Stones

August 2004

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 
Definitions huh

Dork is a slang word for a quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends.

A geek (pronunciation /gi:k/ ) is a person who is fascinated, perhaps obsessively, by obscure or very specific areas of knowledge and imagination. terms).

Nerd, as a stereotypical or archetypal designation, refers to somebody who pursues intellectual interests at the expense of skills that are useful in a social setting, such as communication, fashion, or physical fitness.

Lately I have been hearing people talk about nerds, or their love of nerds or how they are a big nerd, like it is some type of punk rock status to achieve, love or be a nerd. These people I generally think are full of crap. Personally I don't know but a couple of nerds and that is because, I don't sit around trying to stammer out a socially awkward moment with someone I don't really like. As for geeks, the ones I know keep it well hidden, plus I don't tend to hang out at the comic book shop, I just buy my comics there, not stay and chat. So that leaves me and most people I know as big dorks.
Dork feels comfy and warm, like a good blue hoodie. So that sells it, I'm dork, your a dork, now lets all go have a Dr. Pepper, and maybe add some ice cream for a float.

|




<< Home
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com