Stepping Stones

August 2004

Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Running fool

I have started doing something I have never done before and never thought I would do. I have started running on a regular basis. I have run every day (with the exception of the three days that I had the dog) for two weeks. Isn’t that the goal? Don’t they say that if you can stick with something for two weeks it becomes habit? I have a feeling that is nothing but crap. I have a feeling that I will get up in the morning and I will loathe the idea of running for a solid 15 or 20 minutes and then I will steel myself and do it anyway. One of the things that we spoke about as we were sitting outside on Saturday night was running. Gay Brian’s neighbor is about to run in a marathon at the end of next month. I don’t know if I can get ready for this marathon... I am only running about 2 miles on a regular basis and have only run 3 miles on my longest runs. Still, I am gaining endurance pretty quickly. And I feel pretty good. I haven’t really lost weight, but I feel better and I feel a little more solid in general. It really seemed to help me keep my breath at my last hockey game as well. I’m a big fan of that.

|




<< Home
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com