Stepping Stones

August 2004

Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Laugh or Suck Eggs


I got lucky the other morning, and one of the shows I tape - Angry Beavers (which also happens to be one of the funniest cartoons ever) had a clip of the Ren and Stimpy classic, Happy Happy Joy Joy song. I don't know what it is, but I always did find Ren and Stimpy funny, regardless of how disgusting it got, and one of their highlights is the Happy Happy Jopy Joy song. So I got to prep my work day with a with renditions of the song, laughing the whole time... especially during the "I'll teach you grandmother to suck eggs" line.

But as funny as it was, and it was funny. I didn't laugh nearly as hard as I did today at lunch, as I was brought to tears and howling laughter, while being told a story about 2 terrified Prarie dogs that lived at McWane. Thank you Sarah for that. I am still laughing and have been since I left lunch. Now If I related the story here it would be an unfunny dribble of prarie dog nonsense, that no one but me would understand. But if you had been there, hearing about the prarie dogs, and seeing what was happening in my head as I imagined these 2 terrified, simple brained idiot animals go through this trauma, it was pure comedy gold in my head... and it all came out in fits of crying laughter in the middle of the restaurant. It was damn funny to me.

|




<< Home
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com